If you’re looking for ways to clean your shower tiles without scrubbing, there are a few things you can do. Some people use a household cleaner on their tile, while others use a special tile cleaner.
Regardless of the method you choose, make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them strictly. Otherwise, you could damage your tiles or leave behind a harmful residue. No one wants to see ugly grout lines and water deposits stains on your shower tiles.
Shower tiles can get dirty and grubby quickly, but there’s no need to scrub them clean with a brush. Many people don’t realize that they can simply clean shower tiles with a little soap and water.
Here are five easy steps to cleaning shower tiles without scrubbing
5 Different Ways For Cleaning Shower Tiles Without Scrubbing
When your shower starts to look a little dingy, it can be tough to know how to clean shower tiles. Many people think that the only way to clean them is with harsh chemicals, but that’s not the case.
There are numerous solutions, including warm water, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine bleach, oxygen bleach, etc. However, I always try to pick the most simple but efficient homemade solutions for cleaning my bathrooms, so here are 5 ways to clean your shower tiles, whether ceramic tiles or ordinary floor tiles.
HOW TO CLEAN SHOWER TILES WITH A STEAM CLEANER
You can use a steam cleaner to clean shower tiles in just minutes. Not only is this method chemical-free, but it’s also incredibly effective.
Here are a few tips for how to clean shower tiles with a steam cleaner:
- Make sure that your steam cleaner is set to “tile” or “carpet” mode – this will ensure that the heat and pressure are set correctly for cleaning tile surfaces.
- Fill the steamer with water and plug it in. wait for it to heat up completely.
- Once it’s hot, unplug it and carefully go over the tiles with the steam cleaner. Start in a corner and work your way around, be careful not to let the steam escape from under the door, or else you’ll get wet!
After steaming the tiles, use a brush or sponge to scrub them gently. then rinse them with clean water and dry them off. Your shower will look like new!
HOW TO CLEAN SHOWER TILES WITH VINEGAR (GENTLE SCRUBBING)
Cleaning shower tiles is a chore most people would rather avoid. But, there are ways to clean them without scrubbing. Follow these tips for a quick and easy tile cleaning:
- Fill a bucket with warm or hot water and add one cup of white vinegar.
- Scrub the tiles with a soft cloth dipped in the vinegar solution. Be sure to rinse the tile thoroughly after cleaning it with the vinegar solution.
- Repeat this process two more times, using fresh water each time, to achieve optimal results.
I was cleaning my 2nd bathroom just another day, and it took me under 10 minutes to clean tiles with this method. While you need some gentle scrub here and there, it is an easy task. You can always outsource this task to your kids
BEST VINEGAR FOR CLEANING SHOWER TILES
Over the years, I tried using different types and brands of vinegar, but the cheapest and most reliable solution in the last three years for me was this 45% vinegar.
- Strong and powerful
- Great for different types of cleaning products
- Made in USA
- You will need a separate spray bottle
Calyptus 45 Vinegar is 9 times stronger than regular vinegar. It’s highly concentrated and powerful, so it can be diluted up to 1:8 with water or used at full strength. Worth mentioning is that this vinegar is a natural disinfectant and sanitizer.
It’s effective against various bacteria, viruses, and fungi. I used it to clean my kitchen and bathrooms; it gets rid of unpleasant smells from the dishwasher, sink, and other “nasty” areas. You can use a home spray bottle if the original packaging is too big for you.
I would say that it is also a decent area deodorizer. It also helped me with some small rust removal tasks around my kitchen. Often people buy stronger kinds of vinegar, but in my opinion, 45% is the most balanced option.
You can dilute it for shower cleaning, but you can also use it without dilution for some dirtier tasks. Last but not least, for all us proud Americans, this product has been made and tested here on our home soil.
HOW TO CLEAN SHOWER TILES WITH PEROXIDE (GENTLE SCRUBBING)
Tile grout is a porous material that can easily become stained. Mildew and mold can also grow in the grout, making your shower look dirty and uninviting. Peroxide is a great cleaner on tile grout because it kills bacteria and removes stains. Grout stains will disappear in a minute.
- To clean your shower tiles with peroxide, start by mixing equal parts of peroxide and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the peroxide mixture on the tile grout and let it soak for about 10 minutes. Use a scrub brush to scrub the grout until it is clean.
- Rinse the tile with warm water and dry it with a towel or soft cloth.
HOW TO CLEAN SHOWER TILES WITH BORAX (GENTLE SCRUBBING)
One of the best ways to clean shower tiles is with borax. Borax is a natural mineral that helps to remove dirt, grease, and soap scum from surfaces. It is also effective at killing bacteria and mold. There is a lot of debate on whether or not borax is dangerous.
Some people say that it is a harmful chemical that can cause skin irritation and other health problems, while others claim that it is safe to use in small amounts. Borax is a naturally occurring mineral that has been used for centuries as a cleaning and disinfecting agent. It can be found in many household cleaners, laundry detergents, and cosmetics.
Here is the borax cleaning process:
- To clean shower tiles with borax, mix 1/4 cup of borax with 1 gallon of water in a bucket.
- Dip a scrub brush into the solution and scrub the tiles until they are clean. Circular motion seems to be the best method for tough stains and powdered form of cleaning agents (like borax).
- Rinse the tiles with clear water and dry them with a towel.
- Be aware to always use your rubber gloves when cleaning with borax. Open your windows for better air quality; the borax smell is pretty intensive.
HOW TO CLEAN SHOWER TILES WITH PRESSURE WASHER
Tile flooring is a popular choice for bathrooms because of its durability and easy cleaning. However, over time dirt and soap residue can build up on the tiles, making them difficult to clean.
A pressure washer can be used to clean bathroom tiles quickly and easily.
- The first step is to identify the type of tile you have. Some tiles are more porous than others and will absorb more water, leading to discoloration. If your tiles are porous, test a small area with the pressure washer before proceeding.
- If you use bright-colored tiles or ceramic tiles, you should skip this cleaning method.
- According to the manufacturer’s instructions, the next step is to mix the right amount of detergent with a bit of water. Use a non-abrasive detergent specifically designed for cleaning tile floors for best results.
As you can see from the article above, there are various ways for shower tile cleaning without tedious scrubbing. My favorite is the vinegar method, but test it yourself. I don’t need to iterate the importance of clean shower tiles. There are multiple nasty bacteria, fungi, and molds often found in dump environments.
Keep it clean, and smile with doing it!